Below are some of the most frequently asked questions we receive regarding our Lifestyles program. You can click on the questions to view the answers, otherwise please contact us if your question isn't answered here.
- Q: What does the lifestyle team do and who are they?The lifestyle team is a group of 4 permanent and 5 casual staff members. We aim to make the quality of life at Weeroona the best it can be. We can be identified by our bright pink polo shirts and encourage all of our residents’ families to participate in activities where possible.
- Q: What lifestyles activities are offered at Weeroona?At Weeroona, we offer a wide variety of activities including cards, darts and bingo (always a crowd favourite). We provide 3 bus trips every month for resident outings and attend restaurants, clubs, dams, gardens, ladies morning tea and the men’s shed. We also have entertainers on Thursday and Sundays, including singers and a ladies choir. Other indoor activities and crafts are also offered at Weeroona.
- Q: How can I interact with family members?Residents are encouraged to invite relatives and friends along to join in with activities and special events, or even just to come and have a cuppa. Families are also welcomed to join their loved ones for a meal any time they like (bookings are essential and can be must at reception). We also invite families to join in on group outings as well as taking their loved ones out for the day if they wish.
- Q: How do we get involved in the decisions at Weeroona?Our resident relatives meeting is held on the last Thursday of the month. Family members are welcome to attend and provide feedback about our services. These meetings are held to help us provide the highest quality of care to our residents and their families.
- Q: Can I participate in external community groups I currently belong to?Coming into care doesn’t mean that residents have to stop being involved with the community. We encourage residents to participate as much and often as they can with external community groups. Whether it be Lions, CWA, Rotary or Probus clubs, our Lifestyles team will only be too happy to help you continue with external community involvement.
- Q: When and how do I get my hair done?Weeroona’s hairdresser comes every second Monday. A pricelist is displayed in the salon and also in each wing and is also included in our monthly newsletter. To make an appointment, just ask one of the lifestyles’ team members. If a resident has a preferred hairdresser, they are welcome to arrange for their hairdresser to come in.
- Q: How are birthdays celebrated?Everyone’s birthday is important at Weeroona, with each resident receiving a cake for their birthday. Family and friends are welcomed to join in the celebrations along with staff and fellow residents to sing happy birthday. Families are also welcome to use the dining area for private celebrations.
- Q: How do I get involved in the activities?When you become a part of the Weeroona family, you will be introduced to the members of the lifestyles team and be given a monthly calendar with a list of activities you may wish to attend. All residents are encouraged to attend activities as this is a great way to make new friends. You are welcome to accept or decline the invitation to participate.
- Q: Can I still attend my regular church services?Weeroona offers weekly church services as well as communion. If your church or spiritual group is not represented by this group, one of our lifestyle team members will be more than happy to contact your group to arrange for regular services. Current services include; Anglican, Uniting, Catholic and Baptist churches.