We have listed some common questions we receive at Weeroona. You can click on the questions to view the answers. If your question hasn’t been answered here, please contact the facility for additional information.
- Q: Can I bring my personal items?Residents are encouraged to bring with them some personal items such as pictures, ornaments, radios and clothing. Personal items must meet Weeroona’s safety standards and be approved by the Director of Nursing.
- Q: What activity programs are available to residents?Residents at Weeroona have the opportunity to engage in activities seven days a week. Activity officers update our Calendar of Events on a monthly basis. Some activities include: art & movie sessions, exercising, cooking, bingo & cards, music therapy, birthday parties, craft and gardening.
- Q: Are meals provided?Yes. All meals at Weeroona are prepared and provided by our kitchen. Meals are freshly cooked and designed by the facility’s nutritionist. Residents have the alternative of having meals in their rooms or dining areas.
- Q: What health professionals are available?Weeroona encourages residents to use the health services available to them. Services include: massage, podiatry, therapy, physiotherapy, optometrist and more. Contact our Director of Nursing Bronwyn Sharp for further details.
- Q: What can my family and friends do when they come to visit?Families are more than welcome to utilise the lounge and dining rooms, outdoor areas and balconies. They are free to move between a family member’s room and the other parts of the facility.
- Q: Can I stay with my family overnight?Residents are welcome to go on outings or to stay with their families overnight. Staff members are happy to help you prepare for these occasions. Due to legal and safety obligations, it is imperative that residents inform our nursing team in advance of leaving Weeroona.
- Q: Is there a hairdresser at Weeroona?Weeroona has its own built in hairdressing facilities for residents. If you would like to utilise this service, all you have to do is make an appointment.
- Q: Can I move from another facility?Of course you can. Weeroona’s doors are always open to the residents and families of other aged care providers. If you’re interested in visiting Weeroona, our team are more than happy to take your enquiries.
- Q: What fees and charges apply?Weeroona is funded through Commonwealth Government subsidies, accommodation charges and bonds where applicable and standard residents’ weekly fees. Full funding details can be supplied by our friendly staff or an independent financial advisor.